Saturday, January 6, 2007

DIVAS ANTHOLOGY: Gay Men On Their Divas

Damn procrastination, in a post a few weeks back (or maybe longer) Imentioned wanting to write a poem about my idol, Dolly Parton. In December, I found out via the Lambda Literary Foundation's webstite about a call for submissions on a project titled: DIVAS ANTHOLOGY: Gay Men On Their Divas. The deadline is January 15---wich menas my goal is to finish the poem ASAP.

Currently, I am using YouTube to bring about Dolly enjoyment and inspiration. People ask me why I love Dolly so much---- there are too many reasons to list. However, if I keep it simple: How can you not love a woman who isn't afraid to be who she wants to be, admits her heart is as big as her breats, writes beautifully, and has the voice of an angel?

I wish this clip was in better quality, but it isn't.... why I love Dolly:


I can't wait for her to tour again this year. I'll be there with bells and my Dolly Queen shirt on.

More Dolly Inspiration:
~ Click here for Dolly singing a cover of "Stairway to Heaven."
~ Click here for Dolly singin "Two Doors Down" in London in 1974.
~Click here for Dolly singing "My Coat of Many Colors" on the Porter Wagner Show.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I need to find my Dolly CDs and listen to some songs!

Dustin Brookshire said...

Ms. S.,

Did you end up listening to "Shattered Image"?