Thursday, April 26, 2007

"A Wreath for Emmett Till" ~ Marilyn Nelson

Since last week was crazy, I am posting two Marilyn Nelson poems this week to keep with my POTM series. However, this entry is different from the other entries because I am not posting the words to the poem--- instead, I am posting a link to NPR so you can hear Marilyn Read "A Wreath for Emmett Till" and including a Youtube clip of Marilyn reading a selection from the poem.

Click here to access the NPR article on "A Wreath for Emmett Till" and hear Marilyn read her work!

Other interesting news-- "A Wreath for Emmett Till" was the center of some controversy in California. Check out fellow poet Robin Kemp's blog entry for more information. I interviewed Marilyn before the drama occurred; however, I'm doing an update with Marilyn to include the "controversy."

No comments: