Monday, May 21, 2007

ToasterMag: Volume 2, Issue 5


Featured in ToasterMag's FREEHAND department in Volume 2, Issue 5 are Beth Gylys & Theresa Davis. (Click the graphic to read their work.)

Beth Gylys-- There is so much to say about Beth Gylys that I could write a book. Instead of writing that book I'll simply say she's an amazing and talented professo and one hell of a poet-- I say these both from first hand experience. I always keep her book BODIES THAT HUM near by when I write; I can always find inspiration in her words. FREEHAND is featuring two of her poems that will appear in her new chapbook LITTLE MATCHBOOK.

Theresa Davis-- Or as I should say Theresa "Fucking" Davis. She's a teacher, poet, and activist. Whenever anyone mentions slam/spoken word style poetry, I always say, "I never enjoyed slam poetry until Theresa Davis." Each time Theresa takes the stages she rocks it out-- she's my rockstar. The poem included in FREEHAND is a personal favorite of mine, and I am glad Theresa said yes when I asked to publish it.

2 comments:

Collin Kelley said...

Two more great poets!

Dustin Brookshire said...

I can't ever get enough Beth's work.