Friday, October 26, 2007

Funeral Today

Aunt Betty's funeral was today. Her daughter, my cousin, asked my mother if I would be a pallbearer. Normally, I have a standard answer of no to the pallbearer question because I often find myself too emotional at the funeral of a family member. I thought of what Aunt Betty would say if she heard me answer no. She would have given me hell in her special and funny way.

I'm going to miss her presence at family gatherings-- miss how she calls people out for BS, miss how she makes me laugh and smile with her honesty.

I am in such q need for a nap..... so it is about to be nap time. When I wake, I'm going to post a video made by friend and poet Montgomery Maxton announcing the winners of the poetry book raffle I conducted to raise funds for the 2007 AIDS Walk.

No comments: