Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Meryl Streep + DOUBT = Oscar

I will do what needs to be done. You should understand that, or you will mistake me.


God, I'm falling in love with Meryl Streep all over again. I can't wait for Doubt to come out. I'm arranging a Gaggle (Gaggle = Group of Gays) to watch the movie and have a cocktail after in celebration of what I know is going to be a powerful and riveting performance by Streep. Email me if you want in---yes, a Gaggle can include heterosexuals. We need token heteros.

3 comments:

Rick Andreoli said...

I know. We're super excited to see it to.

I kind of think Meryl would have a lovely time drinking wine with us in our small quaint home while having fabulous conversation and eating little nibbly things we all whip up together in the kitchen.

If it happens, I'll let you know.

Dustin Brookshire said...

Rick, If Meryl comes over to have dinner with you and Steve, and I am not invited... well, it would hurt me deeply.

Rona Fernandez said...

Found your blog through a random search about 'Doubt'. Although I think that Streep will most definitely get a nomination (and hopefully win) for her performance in 'Doubt', I wish the Academy would acknowledge the film with other award nominations. I doubt, however (pun intended) that a film with content as controversial as this one could get the recognition it deserves.

Would love to read your review of the film if you've seen it already! I posted one on my blog as well.