Thursday, December 25, 2008

Merry Christmas! Happy Hanukkah! Happy Holidays!

Each year, I select a quote to include in my Christmas/Holiday/Whatever-You-Want-to-Call-Them Cards. Finding the right quote is like finding the right Christmas tree; it can be time consuming. Since I don't put a Christmas tree my quote serves as my tree, and I look forward to sharing a quote each year as I hope the words might inspire at least one person.



The master in the art of living makes little distinction
between his work and his play, his labor and his leisure,
his mind and his body, his information and his recreation,
his love and his religion. He hardly knows which is which.
He simply pursues his vision of excellence at whatever he does,
leaving others to decide whether he is working or playing.
To him he's always doing both.
~ James A. Michener





Merry Christmas!

Happy Hanukkah!

Happy Holidays!

3 comments:

Collin Kelley said...

Happy holidaze, Dustin.

Julene Tripp Weaver said...

Great quote! What a great idea to select a yearly quote. Nice tradition.

Dustin Brookshire said...

CK-- Right back at you!

Julene-- I'm quite fond of it. I started doing it when I was 19 or 20.